- Program Details
- Apply Now
We organize hotel internships in many hotels of different standards and sizes in Zanzibar, of which some, we briefly present on this page. The precise conditions (e.g., whether paid accommodation and/or catering and/or pocket money) differ from hotel to hotel. Usually, we send your resume and motivation letter to eligible hotels and suggest a hotel within a few days.
Some hotels may only accept students from appropriate disciplines, while others take high school graduates or participants from other disciplines. Some hotels conduct a Skype conversation with you. Many participants also combine a hotel internship in Zanzibar with one on the mainland of Tanzania!
There are now more than 400 hotels in Zanzibar, where smaller facilities with less than 40 rooms dominate. These are usually created as bungalows that blend into the natural vegetation. So far, Zanzibar has not been affected by mass tourism and has at most places, even the privilege to have miles of white beaches with palm trees and hardly any tourists.
The trend is also towards high-priced tourism with hotels in the 4-5 star segment. This is because Zanzibar wants to compete with destinations such as the Seychelles and Maldives. Popular beach towns are Nungwi, Jambiani, Paje, Matemwe, and Michamvi; the historical Stone Town is also visited by most tourists.
- Have a good command of spoken and written English, other languages are an advantage.
- Excellent attitude to service and impeccable way of dealing with guests, hotel employees, and supervisors.
- Age: 18- 30 years
- Be motivated and interested in the hospitality industry
- Be flexible and open-minded
- Have a clean police record.
- Be in good general health
- Individual Consultation and Preparation prior to your arrival
- Access to the Online Resource Centre which has Preparation Materials including Intercultural Preparation, compiled particularly for your destination (PDFs, Videos)
- Preparation Session via Skype, together with further participants
- Arrangements of the Documents you need for your Visa Application, but not the official government fees for the visa (See costs below)
- Local Police Registration (if required), assistance with the local Health Checkup (required for some long-time visa) and Opening of a Bank Account(required for some jobs/internships)
- Pick-up and Transfer on arrival from the next International airport to where you do the placement
- Personal support staff
- Accompanying you to your placement on your first day
- Issuance of Confirmations/Certificates for your university, scholarship, insurance, etc. and filling out/signing Internship Contracts for your university
- Travel to/from Tanzania (if you book it on your own; we can assist you)
- Official fees for Visa (see below)
- Insurance (Travel Health Insurance, Liability Insurance, Travel Cancellation Insurance; you book it on your own, we can assist you)
- Personal Expenses
- Local Transport (Estimated amounts see below)
- StartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing