Many families prefer their nanny to live-in ‘Residential Nannies’ if possible so that they know the nanny will always start on time and…
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Apply Now
Many families prefer their nanny to live-in ‘Residential Nannies’ if possible so that they know the nanny will always start on time and will not be late due to traffic. The accommodation provided is usually of a high standard and is an arrangement which also suits many Nannies due to the high cost of housing, transport and living in/around London and other parts of the UK. Also, it saves a lot of wasteful commuting time!
Many families also offer live-out positions for Nannies who prefer not to live with their family employers – ‘Daily Nannies’.
Nannies often work long hours; they start work early in the morning and continue until 6 or 7 pm, or even 8pm, but the work is well paid and for the most part, enjoyable!
Although most nannies prefer to work full time for 1 family, many split their week between 2 families, particularly if they are live out / daily nannies.
The Nanny’s weekly pay varies greatly depending on the Nanny’s experience, skills, qualifications and local knowledge and the particular job specifications. A nanny who has been working for a family with young children in one locality for 5 years will be highly sought after by other families with young children in that area; as she/he will have gained a lot of useful local knowledge and connections and will know where the best toddler groups or baby music groups are and have a good network of other Nannies with whom they can arrange ‘playdates’ for the children. A Nanny who has good local knowledge with excellent experience and qualifications can earn $1000-1200 NZD per week (or more for a live-out position), some of our London nannies are paid up to $2,000 per week – a very attractive live in nanny salary!
Nannies are professionals and the cost of their salary and the associated taxes and National Insurance contributions can make them unaffordable for many families.
- Be 18-30 years old
- Be in good general health
- Have a clean police record
- Have a good level of experience with children and/or a suitable qualification
- Have a profesional attitude
- Be prepared to take on new challenges
- Enjoy meeting new people
The rates for our UK Nanny program are $600 NZD.
- Assistance with all application forms, and sent to suitable host families.
- Host family secured before your departure
- Our experienced staff to answer all of your questions
- Assistance with obtaining the required visa.
- Assistance with your travel plans
- Access to other Au Pairs in the area
- Interviewing and screening of the host family
- Certificate of completion.
- And much more. We are here to support you every step of the way.
The salary varies depending on hours and experience/qualifications but can range from $600 – 1800 NZD per week.
- Regular time off
- Supportive learning environment
- Access to other young / international travelers
- A chance to share your knowledge and learn new skills.
- Flights to the UK.
- Visa costs
- Personal costs
start:Group Size: No Size LimitStatus: N/Aprice: /Person