Please note all prices are in New Zealand Dollars ($NZD)
- Program Details
- Apply Now
Please note all prices are in New Zealand Dollar ($NZD)
We organize well paid English language teaching jobs in China, both in private English schools and in public schools. In the private English schools, your duration commitment is at least three months and the start date is any time during the academic year. In public schools, you need to work through the period of a semester.
The exact class times depend on the school and are usually in the afternoons and on the weekends. Many private English schools are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays and open on Saturdays and Sundays instead.
During your first week, you will work with an experienced English teacher and observe the class. The school provides you with teaching materials so you can plan your lessons. About once a month there are network meetings where you can meet experienced teachers to get additional advice.
English language teacher jobs are available for both native English speakers and non-native speakers and are remunerated. The exact amount of compensation depends on the language school and your qualifications and ranges from RMB 8,000-14,000 per month (around EUR 1000-1700 / USD 1200-2000 per month).
As an alternative to private English schools, where classes are usually held in the afternoon or on weekends, you can also teach at state elementary schools. Classes take place during normal school hours and English is one of the regular school subjects. Typically, there are about 25-30 children in a class. Teaching materials will be provided to you by the school.
English language teacher jobs are available for both native English speakers and non-native speakers. If you are a non-native speaker, you will need to have a TEFL certificate (or equivalent or higher English teacher qualification) to participate. You can get the TEFL certification online in around 2-3 weeks for around 180 EUR/200 USD.
The salary is about 5000 RMB (630 EUR/730 USD) per month. Usually, no salary is paid during school holidays.
Outside of school term, take the opportunity to explore this utterly, amazing country. China offers a rich, diverse and beautiful place to travel. Take the local trains to the next city, visit The Great Wall of China, the Terracotta Warriors in Xi’an and Zhangjiajie Mountain (Avatar for those who didn’t know). There are palaces and temples to explore at every turn!
- Be a native English speaker, with good written and spoken abilities
- Enjoy working with children and teenagers
- Age: 18- 30 years
- Be motivated and interested in experiencing another culture
- Be flexible and open-minded
- Have a clean police record
- Be in good general health
- Individual Consultation and Preparation prior to your arrival
- Access to our partners Online Resource Centre which has Preparation Materials including Intercultural Preparation, compiled particularly for your destination (PDFs, Videos)
- Preparation Session via Skype, together with further participants
- Arrangements of the Documents you need for your Visa Application, but not the official government fees for the visa (See costs below)
- Local Police Registration (if required), assistance with the local Health Checkup (required for some long-term visas) and Opening of a Bank Account in China.
- Pick-up and Transfer on arrival from the next international airport to where you do the placement
- Personal support staff in China/Mongolia (Beijing/Ulaanbaatar) and at our International office
- Accompanying you to your placement on your first day
- Local SIM Card (only for placements in Beijing and Ulaanbaatar)
- Issuance of Confirmations/Certificates for your university, scholarship, insurance, etc. and filling out/signing Internship Contracts for your university
- Compensation of RMB 5000-14000 per month.
- Regular time off
- Supportive learning environment
- Access to other young/international travelers
- A chance to share your knowledge and learn new skills
- Accommodation arranged
- Travel to/from China (you book it on your own; we can assist you)
- Official fees for Visa (see below)
- Insurance (Travel Health Insurance, Liability Insurance, Travel Cancellation Insurance; you book it on your own, we can assist you)
- Personal Expenses
- Local Transport (Estimated amounts see below)
- StartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing