- Program Details
- Apply Now
We arrange internships in various safari camps, safari lodges, and hotels in the areas of tourist interest in Tanzania. These include national parks such as the Serengeti, Ngorongoro, and Kilimanjaro, and also cities like Moshi and Arusha, from where safaris begin, as well as the largest city in Tanzania, Dar-es-Salaam.
The camp is used as a base for game drives to the Serengeti, and for hiking safaris and night game drives in the Grumeti Area. The camp has 10 spacious tents with toilet and showers and seven bandas (traditional round huts of the Massai), as well as a thatched-roof reception and restaurant, where the lunch boxes for safari tourists are prepared. It is of standard category.
As an intern, you can participate in all areas of the camp, such as preparation of the camp for new groups, welcoming guests and customer support. You can also participate in the purchase and planning of food and supplies, preparation and implementation of activities such as bush lunches and excursions, and assisting with improvements and further development of the camp and activities in the area.
Interns are accommodated in the camp and should stay at least for a month. The village of Mugumu is at a distance of around two km (1.5 miles).
- Have a good command of spoken and written English, other languages are an advantage.
- Excellent attitude to service and impeccable way of dealing with guests, hotel employees and supervisors
- Age: 18- 30 years
- Be motivated and interested in the hospitality industry
- Be flexible and open-minded
- Have a clean police record
- Be in good general health
- Individual Consultation and Preparation prior to your arrival
- Access to the Online Resource Centre which has Preparation Materials including Intercultural Preparation, compiled particularly for your destination (PDFs, Videos)
- Preparation Session via Skype, together with further participants
- Arrangements for your Residence Permit or similar permit and other official permits (if required), but not the official government fees for it/them (See costs below)
- Pick-up and Transfers from/to Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO) on arrival and departure
- Personal support staff at your location and at our international office
- Orientation and Introduction in Moshi
- Accompanying you to your placement on your first day
- 24 Hours emergency support by a local support team
- $50 USD Contribution to your project
- Local SIM Card with 10,000 TSH air time
- Issuance of Confirmations/Certificates for your university, scholarship, insurance, etc. and filling out/signing Internship Contracts for your university
- 15% Discount for Safaris, Kilimanjaro Climbs, Excursions and Watersports Activities offered by “Budget Safari Tanzania”
- Travel to/from Tanzania (you book it on your own; we can assist you)
- Official fees for Visa (see below)
- Insurance (Travel Health Insurance, Liability Insurance, Travel Cancellation Insurance; you book it on your own, we can assist you)
- Personal Expenses
- Local Transport (Estimated amounts see below)
- StartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing