Please note, that all prices are in New Zealand Dollar ($) This trip is an exciting way for students and volunteers to try…
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Apply Now
Please note, that all prices are in New Zealand Dollar ($)
This trip is an exciting way for students and volunteers to try and give back to those in need or less privileged than themselves. The Amharic Community Development programme itself focuses on improving the well-being of a range of vulnerable groups in society such as children and youth, older persons and women & families.
Much of the tasks included in this trip revolve around the care and interaction with children in the early childhood center. These tasks can include, but are not limited to:
- Playing with the children.
- Assisting the teacher in the classroom.
- Assist with taking children to the bathroom.
- Assist the teacher to clean the classroom.
- Assist with feeding children.
- Assist with supervising the children’s nap time.
The volunteers will be staying with a host family in the area of Charlston Hill. The family is made up of the mother and father, as well as two adult daughters (21 and 25). If chosen, you will be provided a daily breakfast as well as transport to the project each day, with dinner provided by the host family.
|Volunteering Weeks||Introductions||Total Weeks||Total Cost|
|2 weeks||1 week||3 weeks||$1,374|
|3 weeks||1 week||4 weeks||$1,492|
|4 weeks||1 week||5 weeks||$1,610|
|5 weeks||1 week||6 weeks||$1,727|
|6 weeks||1 week||7 weeks||$1,847|
|7 weeks||1 week||8 weeks||$1,965|
|8 weeks||1 week||9 weeks||$2,082|
|9 weeks||1 week||10 weeks||$2,200|
|10 weeks||1 week||11 weeks||$2,319|
|11 weeks||1 week||12 weeks||$2,437|
- Airport pick up on arrival day at Cape Town international airport
- 7 nights dorm room accommodation in Cape Town during introduction week
- 6 Breakfasts provided during orientation week in Cape Town (Health or English option)
- Orientation day which includes a visit to the Noon gun + V & A Waterfront
- Full Day Cape Town Peninsula tour (lunch included)
- Half-Day Cape Town City tour
- Half-Day Cape Town Township tour
- 2 Free days to book additional activities (Shark diving, skydiving, etc.)
- 24/7 Emergency number (WhatsApp)
- All volunteering related costs (project fees)
- Transport to the project by Claim Victory team member
- Airport drop off at Cape Town international airport
- Certificate of completion of volunteering
- Return flights from country of origin (We do supply flight advice if needed)
- Any Visa related costs (We provide needed documents for obtainment of Visa)
- Any lunches & dinners except if mentioned above
- Any items of personal nature
- Accommodation 1 night prior to departure (You can book this night directly from our website)