- Program Details
- Apply Now
Experience all that New Zealand has to offer by working and traveling your way through the country. With many casual jobs available in hospitality, agriculture, horticulture and construction, working a few months at a time in different locations is the ultimate way to see New Zealand on a budget.
Typical working holiday
Many working travelers choose to purchase a vehicle, normally a station wagon or camper van so they have the option to sleep in the vehicle when required. This is not always necessary as it is easy to meet other travelers and share the costs with them if they have a vehicle, or use public transport, though this is limited when compared to many other countries, particularly as some of the most scenic parts of New Zealand can be in remote areas.
There are also many hostels available that provide dorm rooms, a kitchen, and a bathroom for between $18-$30 NZD per night. Campgrounds range from $5-$20 per night and there are places you can camp for free. Typical work includes farm work, fruit picking, pruning and packing and waiting in restaurants.
- Free pick up and transfer from Auckland/Christchurch Airport
- Two nights of luxury accommodation with delicious breakfast meals included.
- New Zealand orientation course (check out what our orientation course covers here)
- Access to a rich database of employers and job opportunities throughout New Zealand. We support you in the process of job hunting, interview prep, etc all included.
- NZ Sim Card for easy calls and texts.
- 24/7 phone and email support through your travels.
- New Zealand mailing address for business and personal purposes (mail forwarding available*)
- Luggage storage*
- Discount Travel Card for discounted food, accommodation, and activities.
- Access to our community of working travelers like yourself.
- A once in a lifetime opportunity to challenge yourself and grow through new experiences.
- *Additional charges may apply depending on the size and time period.
- Paid weekly/fortnightly for the times you work – minimum $17.70 per hour (before tax and accommodation
- Supportive learning environment
- Access to other working travelers.
- A chance to share your knowledge and learn new skills.
- Flights to and from New Zealand
- Travel within New Zealand (excluding airport transfer)
- Travel Insurance
- Visa fees
- StartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing