Please note all prices are in New Zealand Dollars ($NZD)
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Apply Now
Numadi is a support network for Au pairs both planning to come to New Zealand and Kiwis who want to Au Pair abroad. We are a dedicated team made up of former Au Pairs and Travel Professionals, with extensive knowledge in Employment, Tax, Visa, & Cultural issues that can arise for Au Pairs and other working travelers.
A typical day as an Au Pair in New Zealand
Your day will normally start around 7 am, rising as the children do or taking over from their parents as they leave for work. Preparing breakfast and helping with washing up before getting the children off to school or kindergarten. You will spend the day taking care of any younger children that are not going to kindergarten, playing and providing educational games and learning opportunities where possible.
New Zealand is a great place to be outdoors, with many parks, lakes, and beaches so in good weather there are many outdoor activities the children and yourself can fill the day with. Of course, there will be meals and tidying up to assist with, before joining the family for a meal at the end of the day. You might spend the evening on your own if you want some privacy, or watch some television or spend some time outdoors with your host family.
- Meet all the requirements for a New Zealand working holiday visa. (Check here)
- Be in good physical health.
- Have some childcare or babysitting experience.
- Can commit to a minimum three-month placement.
- Two nights of accommodation provided.
- Specialised Au Pair Orientation course ( check out what our orientation course covers here )
- Pre-arrival family placement.
- Access to a database of jobs and job support for your entire stay.
- 24/7 phone support.
- Mail holding and forwarding service.
- Access to other working travellers in New Zealand
- Travel card for discounted food, accommodation, and activities
- The chance to learn new experiences and make new friends.
- Paid weekly/fortnightly – Typically $180-$250 per week after tax and accommodation.
- Private bedroom and meals provided
- Regular time off – generally two days per week
- Supportive learning environment
- Access to other Au Pairs
- A chance to share your knowledge and learn new skills.
- Flights to and from New Zealand
- Travel within New Zealand (excluding airport transfer)
- Travel Insurance
- Visa fees
- StartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing