- Program Details
- Apply Now
In Zanzibar, you can do voluntary service as football or track and field coach. You don’t have to be a professional trainer, but you should have good knowledge of the particular sport you want to train.
Volunteers are welcome, both for talent searching, as well as football training. Since the organization is unable to offer a full-time placement for foreign volunteers, an activity in Zanzibar Football Standard and Talents Advancement can be combined with inserts in other sports clubs.
You can also offer sports activities in youth clubs. Some of our former football volunteers in Zanzibar have also organized tournaments where the various village and district clubs participated.
Because of the high temperatures in the afternoons, training usually takes place early in the morning from about 6:30 a.m. in the Amani Stadium, the great stadium of Zanzibar. There are electronic measuring systems used here. In addition, from about 4.30 p.m., the parks of Maisara are frequented by the sports clubs here, and training for athletics and soccer are held daily.
- Enjoy working with children and teenagers.
- Age: 18- 30 years
- Be motivated and interested in experiencing another culture.
- Be flexible and open-minded
- Have a clean police record.
- Be in good general health
- Individual Consultation and Preparation prior to your arrival
- Access to the Online Resource Centre which has Preparation Materials including Intercultural Preparation, compiled particularly for your destination (PDFs, Videos)
- Preparation Session via Skype, together with further participants
- Arrangements of the Documents you need for your Visa Application, but not the official government fees for the visa (See costs below)
- Local Police Registration (if required), assistance with the local Health Checkup (required for some long-time visa) and Opening of a Bank Account in China (required for some jobs/internships)
- Pick-up and Transfer on arrival from the next international airport to where you do the placement
- Personal support staff in China/Mongolia (Beijing/Ulaanbaatar) and at our international office
- Accompanying you to your placement on your first day
- Local SIM Card (only for placements in Beijing and Ulaanbaatar)
- Issuance of Confirmations/Certificates for your university, scholarship, insurance, etc. and filling out/signing Internship Contracts for your university
- Travel to/from Africa (you book it on your own; we can assist you)
- Official fees for Visa
- Insurance (Travel Health Insurance, Liability Insurance, Travel Cancellation Insurance; you book it on your own, we can assist you)
- Personal Expenses
- Local Transport
- StartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing