- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Apply Now
Please note, all prices are in New Zealand Dollar ($)
Are you passionate about mother earth and preserving endangered animals? Join us and other environmentalists in making a difference through volunteer service and research.
Our “Mother Nature Conservation Camp” is located in Zanzibar, a Tanzanian Island off the eastern coast of Africa.
We have 10 volunteer activities available at two locations – a Rainforest and a Beach – which are operated under professional guidance. You can share your time between the two locations, staying in the forest camp or a bungalow on the beach!
More About The Conservation Camps
Around Jozani Forest National Park, the volunteering activities are guided by biology teacher Mohammed. There is a weekly work plan which includes a variety of activities that you can join with a group of volunteers. If you prefer to focus on certain specific activities only, it is also possible to spend more time or full time on one or just a few selected activities only. It is possible to decide this on location. You can decide whether you want to stay at the Forest Camp or with a local host family in Muungoni. All volunteering activities are located within a 3 km radius from the accommodation, reachable by bicycle, which is provided to you at no further cost.
The Jozani Forest area boasts several tropical coastal habitats and is a paradise for nature lovers. The little villages around the area have barely changed over the last hundreds of years, as they have remained largely uninfluenced by tourism. They give visitors the opportunity to become part of a village community and to get to know traditional life of Zanzibar.
In Nungwi, you will volunteer with the marine turtle conservation project of the Mnarani Natural Aquarium, and you will join creative recycling activities under the guidance of our team member Lisa and the local staff of the marine turtle sanctuary. You will stay at the bungalow of the marine turtle project directly at one of the most beautiful white sandy beaches of Zanzibar. Nungwi is a main tourism destination in Zanzibar where you will find many hotels, restaurants, bars, and tourism offers.
No details found.
- Support prior to your departure and travel planning
- Individual Consultation and Preparation prior to your arrival
- Access to our Online Resource Centre which has Preparation Materials including Intercultural Preparation, compiled particularly for your destination (PDFs, Videos)
- Preparation Session via Skype, together with further participants
- An arrangement of your Residence Permit, Work Permit or similar permit and other official permits (if required), but not the official government fees for it/them (See costs below)
- Pick-up and Transfers from/to Zanzibar International Airport (ZNZ) on arrival and departure to/from Nungwi/Muungoni
- Personal support staff at your location and at our international office
- Orientation and Introduction in Zanzibar
- Accompanying you to your placement on your first day
- 24 Hours emergency support by the local support team
- 50 USD Contribution to your project
- Local SIM Card with 10.000 TSH airtime
- Issuance of Confirmations/Certificates for your university, scholarship, insurance, etc. and filling out/signing Internship Contracts for your university
- 15% Discount for Safaris, Kilimanjaro Climbs, Excursions and Watersports Activities offered by “Budget Safari Tanzania“
- Accommodation and Meals ($35 per day shared / $70 per day single accommodation)
- Travel to/from Zanzibar
- Official fees for Visa, Residence Permit, Work Permit (Approx. $650)
- Insurance ( $50-80/month. Travel Health Insurance, Liability Insurance, Travel Cancellation insurance; you book it on your own, we can assist you)
- Personal Expenses
- Local Transport (Approx. $50-80/month)