Please note all prices are in New Zealand Dollar ($NZD) You can choose to work for three months or longer at the reception,…
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Apply Now
Please note all prices are in New Zealand Dollar ($NZD)
You can choose to work for three months or longer at the reception, in customer service or in other departments of four to seven star hotels in China. The hotel jobs are possible in big cities like Beijing and Shanghai, as well as on the tropical island of Hainan in the South China Sea.
What To Expect
For the most part, you will work at the reception, in customer relations or in the service area where you can use your foreign language skills and interact with international guests. The requested commitment on duration is three months. Accommodation and compensation are provided by the hotels; you get a compensation of RMB 2200-4000 ( 270-500 € /$340-625 USD). The higher values are for internships of longer durations (> six months or more)
In addition to the major cities, the tropical island of Hainan in the South China Sea, China’s southernmost province, called the “Hawaii of China”, is becoming increasingly popular as a holiday destination. Around the city of Sanya, there are now many luxury beach resorts and tourist entertainment, as well as rural tourism and outdoor adventure. Tourists from many countries, including German, Swiss, Austrian, and several other European tourists do not need visas for short holidays in Hainan. In 2012 32.4 million Chinese tourists and 816,000 foreign tourists traveled to Hainan.
This program is ideal for Hospitality students and students studying Foreign Languages.
- Have a good command of spoken and written English, other languages are an advantage, especially Russian
- Excellent attitude to service and impeccable way of dealing with guests, hotel employees, and supervisors
- Age: 18- 30 years
- Be motivated and interested in the hospitality industry
- Be flexible and open minded
- Have a clean police record
- Be in good general health
- Individual Consultation and Preparation prior to your arrival
- Access to the Online Resource Centre which has Preparation Materials including Intercultural Preparation, compiled particularly for your destination (PDFs, Videos)
- Preparation Session via Skype, together with further participants
- Arrangements of the Documents you need for your Visa Application, but not the official government fees for the visa (See costs below)
- Local Police Registration (if required), assistance with the local Health Checkup (required for some long-time visas) and Opening of a Bank Account in China (required for some jobs/internships)
- Pick-up and Transfer on arrival from the next international airport to where you do the placement
- Personal support staff in China/Mongolia (Beijing/Ulaanbaatar) and at our international office
- Accompanying you to your placement on your first day
- Local SIM Card (only for placements in Beijing and Ulaanbaatar)
- Issuance of Confirmations/Certificates for your university, scholarship, insurance, etc. and filling out/signing Internship Contracts for your university
- Compensation of RMB2200-4000 per month.
- Regular time off
- Supportive learning environment
- Access to other young / international travelers
- A chance to share your knowledge and learn new skills.
- Travel to/from China (you book it on your own; we can assist you)
- Official fees for Visa (see below)
- Insurance (Travel Health Insurance, Liability Insurance, Travel Cancellation Insurance; you book it on your own, we can assist you)
- Personal Expenses
- Local Transport (Estimated amounts see below)