- Program Details
- Apply Now
Registrations for this year are closed, but we are now taking registrations for 2020. Camp America runs from June-August/September. Please contact us if you would like to register for 2020.
If your dream job consists of living in the USA, working with children, and communicating with people from all over the world, you have the best opportunity to do that with our Camp America program.
We work with over 200 different camps across the USA and they are all approved by the American Camp Association, which is like the Ofsted of the camping world. These camps are all very similar in many ways but will also have a number of their own traditions that make them special and unique. Camp sessions vary from one to eight weeks in length and each session will cater for between 100-600 campers! Yup, that’s a lot of kids!
USA Visa Information:
Intern: Who is either currently enrolled in pursuing studies at a degree or certificate granting post secondary academic institution outside the United States or who have graduated from such an institution no more than 12 months prior to his/her exchange visitor program begin date and who enters the United States to participate in a structured and guided work-based internship in his/her specific academic field.
Trainee : Who has either a degree or professional certificate from a foreign post-secondary academic institution and at least one year of prior related work experience in his/her occupational field acquired outside the US or 2. 5 years of work experience outside the US in his/her occupational field and who entered the US to participate in a structured and guided work-based training program in his/her specific occupational field.
- Be in general good health with a medical certificate
- Minimum age of 18 on the 1st of June the year you are attending camp
- Available between June 20th and August 20th
- Ideally, a skill or hobby that you can instruct children on
- Ideally some experience with children; younger siblings, babysitting, etc.
- Clean police record
- Good written and spoken English
- This includes: Consultation process with our experienced consultants to find the most suitable camp position for you
- Assistance with filling out all of the forms required for the camps
- Communication with the camps on your behalf to answer all of your questions
- Visa paperwork
- Assistance with travel to and within the United States
- Food and accommodation at the camp
- Insurance for your time at the camp
- Full support before and during your camp program
- Paid Camp position - Generally around $2447 NZD for the duration.
- Recreational equipment to use
- Supportive learning environment
- Flights to and from the USA
- Travel within the USA
- US Embassy appointment fee
- Medical examination
- Personal costs at the camp
- StartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing