Please note all prices are in New Zealand Dollars ($NZD)
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Apply Now
Please note: If you have farming experience and/or qualifications the programm fee is $500 less! Contact us with your CV to find out if you qualify.
Are you interested in farm work? We specialise in a rural work placement in Australia and New Zealand. We have farmers looking to host the suitable person to work in their farms in farm activities such as dairy farming, seeding, and harvesting, fruit picking as well as other seasonal work.
A typical day on an Australian farm
This will vary greatly depending on the type of farm you are on, but generally, your day will start between four and seven am. On dairy farms the cows are generally milked twice per day, around five am and three pm. Between times the tasks will vary depending on the season. During Spring – July to September – the cows will be calving so the main focus is on collecting the calves from the cows, feeding calves, animal health and assisting with pasture management. This is the busiest time of year on most farms. During Summer and Autumn the focus shifts to maximising milk production and general farm maintenance; repairing buildings and fences, weed control, applying fertiliser and general upkeep of the farm.
Other tasks include setting up temporary fences for stock, animal health, preparing the ground for crops and effluent management.
The winter is generally the quieter time for most farm types and the focus is normally on protecting the wet fields from stock damage as most animals remain outside during the winter.
- Be between 18 and 30 years of age
- Have a valid driver’s license (not a requirement, but nice to have)
- Be flexible in regard to the location in Australia
- Be in good health, and have no criminal record
- Be single, unmarried and childless
- Two nights paid accommodation provided in Noosa
- Four days/nights rural training on a farm with meals included
- Orientation course including bank and tax set up
- Guaranteed Job Placement
- Phone and email support
- The chance to learn new experiences and make new friends!
- Paid weekly/fortnightly
- Furnished accommodation
- Protective equipment (safety clothing etc.)
- Supportive learning environment
- Access to other young/international farmers
- A chance to share your knowledge and learn new skills.
- Flights to and from Australia
- Travel within Australia (excluding airport transfer)
- Travel Insurance
- Visa fees
- StartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing