Please note all prices are in New Zealand Dollar ($NZD) and prices do vary The center provides a safe learning environment for up to 100 children aged from three months up to five years old. The facility is located in the suburb of Greenwood, Cape Town. The area is made up of many different cultures, languages and ethnicities, which is naturally reflected in the demography of the center itself. The center is managed as a program of BADISA, which is a non-governmental organisation with a focus on addressing a range of social issues through 153 community-based programmes in the Western,Program Details
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Apply Now
Please note all prices are in New Zealand Dollar ($NZD) and prices do vary
The center provides a safe learning environment for up to 100 children aged from three months up to five years old.
The facility is located in the suburb of Greenwood, Cape Town. The area is made up of many different cultures, languages and ethnicities, which is naturally reflected in the demography of the center itself.
The center is managed as a program of BADISA, which is a non-governmental organisation with a focus on addressing a range of social issues through 153 community-based programmes in the Western, Northern and Eastern Cape. BADISA relies mainly on financial support from private donors, fundraisers, and goodwill from the public to provide the good work that they do.
Volunteer Tasks at the Facility (not limited to, but including)
- Feeding the younger children and babies.
- Cleaning the children & diaper changes.
- Play with the children in the classroom and on the playground.
- Putting out mattresses and bedding at 11am for the children to go to sleep.
- Joining in preparation tasks for special events the facility will be hosting for the children and their parents.
- Helping staff of the facility on the day an event is hosted.
- Make visual aids that can be used in the classroom.
- English language capabilities (Reading, Writing & Speaking)
- Being adaptable to new environments & open to new learning possibilities.
- Showing initiative with the completion of tasks.
- Be able to work in a team as well as on their own when required.
The facility can offer volunteers a secure flat let on the premises to rent. The flat let is fitted with all the necessary security features like burglar bars, a safety gate and alarm. Free WIFI is available in the evenings for volunteers to use – naturally in a responsible manner. Lunch, on weekdays, is included in the monthly rent, but on weekends it will be self-catering. Volunteers will receive the same lunch as the staff and the children.
There is a permanent paying staff member of the facility staying in the flat let. This provides volunteers with a sense of security and safety as this person can provide them with information on the area and orientate them more in-depth about the facility and the functioning there of.
Included in the accommodation fee:
- The lunch on weekdays (as mentioned)
- 3.50 € electricity
- Bedding as indicated
- Excluded in the accommodation fee:
• All additional electricity required during the month – all members living in the flat are requested to contribute a further 6.70 € towards electricity
|Volunteering Weeks||Introductions||Total Weeks||Total Cost|
|2 weeks||1 week||3 weeks||$1,184|
|3 weeks||1 week||4 weeks||$1,207|
|4 weeks||1 week||5 weeks||$1,230|
|5 weeks||1 week||6 weeks||$1,253|
|6 weeks||1 week||7 weeks||$1,277|
|7 weeks||1 week||8 weeks||$1,300|
|8 weeks||1 week||9 weeks||$1,323|
|9 weeks||1 week||10 weeks||$1,346|
|10 weeks||1 week||11 weeks||$1,369|
|11 weeks||1 week||12 weeks||$1,393|
- Airport pick up on arrival at Cape Town International Airport
- Seven nights in dorm room accommodation in Cape Town during introduction week
- Six breakfasts provided during orientation week in Cape Town (Health or English option)
- Orientation day which includes a visit to the Noon gun + V & A Waterfront
- Full Day Cape Town Peninsula tour (lunch included)
- Half Day Cape Town City tour
- Half Day Cape Town Township tour
- Two free days to book additional activities (shark diving, skydiving etc.)
- 24/7 Emergency number (WhatsApp)
- All volunteering related costs (project fees)
- Transport to the project by our South African partner’s team member
- Airport drop off at Cape Town International Airport
- Certificate of completion of volunteering
- Return flights from country of origin (we do supply flight advice if needed)
- Any Visa related costs (we provide needed documents for obtainment of Visa)
- Any lunches & dinners except if mentioned above
- Any items of personal nature
- Accommodation one night prior to departure (you can book this night directly from our website)